1. Application forms are available at Parent Information Sessions (held in Jan and Feb) and after Tuesday morning tours throughout the school year. Return completed forms to the school with your $75 non-refundable application fee. The only exception to this is if a wait list for your child's class is full; in that case, you will receive a wait-list application (no fee) until we are ready to begin accepting regular applications in late October/ early November.
2. Send a teacher recommendation form to one of your child’s previous teachers. If your child has been homeschooled, any teacher who has worked with your child can fill it out. This may be a piano teacher, dance instructor, preschool teacher, etc. Have the teacher mail the form to TLC.
3. Fill out and send the records request form to your child's most recent schools that your child has previously attended. These records need to include academic, attendance, disciplinary, and immunization information. Do this as soon as possible in your application process, as all records must be received prior to final acceptance into the school. (Note that this step may be omitted for kindergarten students.)
4. After steps 2 and 3 are complete, the TLC office staff will contact you to schedule your child’s two-day visit to attend TLC with the class for which you are applying. This allows the teacher the opportunity to evaluate your child both academically and socially. Two-day visits are scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays beginning in January.
5. After your child’s two-day visit, your family will meet with the classroom teacher and the administrators for the family interview to discuss items 2-4, and to answer any questions that you might have. These meetings are scheduled on Friday afternoons.
6. After the two-day visit and family meeting, your child is placed in the 'waiting pool' until open enrollment begins in mid-March. You will be notified at this time as to whether or not there is an available opening for your child. If there is not an opening, your child will remain in the waiting pool and you will be notified if/when a spot becomes available.
7. Upon acceptance into the school, your $750 non-refundable deposit will hold a place for your child in the classroom.
The Learning Community admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religious belief, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Apply to TLC